Update 17th March: All activities are now suspended.
16th March 2020
The Committee held an emergency meeting this afternoon to discuss the activities and forthcoming events of our Club.
The primary concern was for the well being and safety of all of you, the outcome of this was that the decision was taken to cancel next week’s meeting of the 25th March.
Following detailed discussions the following measures are being introduced with immediate effect:-
- All monthly meetings will be cancelled until further notice.
- Members will be notified either by email or telephone of this initial announcement.
- Concerning our internal clubs. The Wine Club meeting on the 17th March is cancelled ; Lunch Club, after tomorrow’s lunch(17th March) at Bartellas no further lunches will be booked; Bowls, a decision will be taken at the Bowls Club next meeting; Keep Fit and Games Sessions again a decision will be taken at tomorrow’s(17th March) session; Theatre Club, Marilyn has the tickets for Derren Brown and On Your Feet but is waiting to hear from the Orchard Theatre regarding any closures. If it is going ahead she will give the tickets out at the theatre.
- Day Trips – The outing to the Royal Opera House and Tower Bridge Experience on the 30th April has now been cancelled. Future outings will be monitored.
- Holidays – All members that were booked into Warner Thoresby Hall have been informed that this holiday has been cancelled. Those members going to Jersey with May should contact her directly.
- Charity Quiz Night – This has been postponed until the 23rd April 2021.
- Ellenor Coffee Morning – The proposed meeting of the 20th May will be rescheduled.
- Bonus Ball – After the March draws this will be suspended until our monthly meetings resume.
We do hope that all our members are in agreement with the decisions we have made at this difficult time.
Members are encouraged to check Hadara’s website or Facebook page themselves or get a family member or neighbour to do it for them for regular updates,
Chairman Ron Bonner and Committee