You’ll find everything by clicking on the menus above click the words on a big screen or on a small screen
Always check out the What’s New menu, as well as your favourite sections
Welcome to HadARA
Hartley and district Active Retirement Association
The Club is normally open to any active 50 year olds and upwards whether they are semi-retired or fully retired. HadARA is one of many retirement clubs throughout Kent which is connected to the umbrella of KentARA (Kent Active Retirement Association).
The objective of the club is to make retirement a happy experience for all members and to contribute to their social, physical and mental wellbeing.
Our aim is to provide and enjoy a variety of activities in which members can be involved, whether it be organising or participating in events that are weekly, monthly or occasional. We are open to new ideas and listen to our members so that we can always be accommodating to the needs of the club.
You are very welcome to come along to our next monthly meeting usually on 4th Wednesday of the month at 2pm in the Fawkham & Hartley Church Centre, Ash Road, Hartley. There is a £1 charge at each meeting, per person, to contribute to the cost of speakers & refreshments. Guests pay £2.
MORE ABOUT THE CLUB
The Association was formed in 1993 to provide a variety of activities and interests for people 50 years and upwards living in the Hartley area. Retirement covers all areas from fully retired to those just thinking about it. Our aim is to encourage all activities that have the support of enough members to ensure practical and financial viability. Current & new activities will depend on Members’ enthusiasm and support for their chosen pursuits. Our intention is to have each activity organiser working with a committee member so that activities are co-ordinated across the association.
Indoor meetings and activities are usually held in the Fawkham & Hartley Church Centre, Hartley. Subscriptions are renewable at a very reasonable rate each November at the AGM.
OUR CURRENT ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
- Monthly Meetings with guest speaker/singer/entertainer, and a raffle.
- Weekly Keep Fit classes with a professional instructor, including chair work.
- Weekly Games get together playing Bridge, Scrabble, Darts, Mahjong, Cards, etc..
- Short Mat Bowls Club, twice weekly practice sessions, plus tournaments.
- Wine Club (social evening with nibbles, quizzes etc), monthly.
- Lunch Club enjoying the fares in local hostelries, monthly.
- Social Events – throughout the year. Summer/Christmas lunches plus entertaining evenings.
- Theatre Trips – throughout the year, usually at the Orchard and sometimes in London.
- Day Trips – throughout the year, usually by coach, with pick-ups near to your home.
- Holidays – throughout the year, one is never enough.
Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
Other Committee members have responsibility for:
Holidays & Outings
Library & Lottery
Social & Raffles
Editorial & Advice
As a membership association we have to maintain lists of members and their contact details. Holding this personal data means we have to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR). Our Privacy Statement appears in full on our membership application forms. All new members are therefore advised about the data required, what we will do with it, what we won’t do with it and their ongoing rights to see, alter or withdraw the information.
or speak to our membership secretary, Marilyn, on 01474 704782
or just come along to our next monthly meeting, you’ll be very welcome.
in the meantime you can sample some of our pages…